This article shares information about the various language options available for your store’s tracking page. These options allow you to display your tracking page in a language best suited to your customer base.
The language selection dropdown on the tracking page is customizable. You can either display all available languages or just a number of them specific to your target audience. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Locate Apps on the left navigation sidebar.
- Click on Rush – Ship, Track, Notify.
- Select the Tracking Page from the navigation sidebar on the left.
- Scroll down to the Localization section.
Here we can find different options for setting one or more languages for the tracking page:
From here onwards, this step-by-step will be divided into two sections to define the options in the above image. These sections are:
- Choose a primary language for the tracking page
- Enable Multilanguage support
Let’s explore what each of these sections entails:
Choose a primary language for the tracking page
If you select the option of A single language tracking page, the system will set the default language. The primary language for your store’s tracking page is English by default. To update it to your required language;
- Click on the PRIMARY LANGUAGE dropdown in the Localization section. A list of languages will be displayed.
- Select the required language to be the primary language for your tracking page.
Enable Multilanguage support
You can either choose between a single language for a tracking page or multi-lingual support. Select the A language picker on the tracking page option to offer multilingual support. When this option is selected, you can choose to do either of the following things
- All supported languages: Let the user choose from a list of all pre-existing languages supported by Rush.
- Shortlist, show only the ones I’ve picked up: Create your list of languages to be displayed to the customer. Click on the dropdown and select the languages of your choice.
Things to keep in mind
There are some things to be mindful of when setting a new language for your tracking page. Read on to know:
- New languages added (i.e. ones not available in Rush’s predefined list) will not be shown on the tracking page unless they are set as the primary language or selected as a shortlisted language. This is to prevent business/store owners from activating a language on their store for which translations are incomplete or incorrect.
- If the shortlist language option has been selected and no language is chosen, then by default, the system will choose the first three languages from the list of supported languages in Rush.
- Once one of your customers has chosen a language, the selection will be saved in the cookies and the customer will always browse the tracking page in the chosen language.
Feel free to reach out to us in case of queries and feedback.