Understanding Checkout Extension Configuration
- Your store must be on a Shopify Plus plan.
- You cannot use both Shopify's checkout.liquid editor and drag and drop builder.
- Products with subscriptions are not available.
- Rush Static Checkout Offer supports up to 3 variants.
Here are a few things to be aware of:
- You can add multiple of the same extensions.
- You'll be able to select a UX schema that fits your needs.
- Rush extension is automatically translated into your store language.
- Rush extension automatically formats the currency based on your store preference.
This article shows you how to set up your Rush Checkout Extensions build for Shopify Checkout pages. The checkout page is the highest intention page for all e-commerce stores, but so far Shopify did not support one-click upsells, leading to untapped revenue on the Checkout page. With Rush Checkout Extensions, you can introduce specific variants to your customers that will increase the average order value for any order.
Best of all, it is an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, where you can customize all your setup.
Shopify checkout editor
The checkout page is rendered on the desktop with upsells
Increase revenue conversions tips
While this one-click ability exists it should be used for consideration:
- Space on the checkout page is limited, and you do not want to introduce new products or products that need to be explained
- Do not add high-value products that customers need to stop and think about them. Better to use low-value, high-profit, highly-recognized products that everyone will add
We suggest upselling virtual products there that fit the top description. If you do not have, a few ideas:
- Priority processing (Get your package faster by adding priority processing)
- Extended warranty
- Green packing
- Extended returns
- Donate to a cause
- Gift packing
- Protect your shipments
Price ranges between $0.99 to $3.99 should not stop customers to consider adding or not.
Navigate to your checkout editor
1. Go to Settings > Checkout and accounts
If you do not have a created checkout page, click Create draft checkout. This will lead you to the editor where you can customize further your checkout page apps.
2. Once in editor, click on "Add app"
3. Pick Rush extension
4. Configure your checkout extension.
5. Once you are done, do not forget to publish the new experience:
Q: Why is my product variant not shown on the checkout page?
By default, we hide all items that are not available or out of inventory. So while you can select them, note that we will not show them to limit customer fiction points
Q: I need help finding the Checkout editor option. I see Customize Checkout in its place.
Some Shopify Plus clients see the following screen:
In this case, Shopify advises connecting their support to request to get the Checkout Extensibility.
Here is their official response to our ask why some clients are not able to see it:
I understand the question, and this would be something the Store's owner would need to get in touch with our Plus team about. We had been rolling out Checkout Extensibility for Plus Shops over the past few months and there may be some instances in which the Store could be using checkout features which aren't supported yet by the new checkout changes which prevented an automatic migration.
If you have any other clients looking for the same functionality (who are on Plus) and aren't seeing the Checkout editor option the best course would be for them to reach out to our Shopify Plus Support team so they could have a look into the request and see if we can help enable Checkout Extensibility for them.