The focus of this article is to share information and guide the store admins on configuring and customizing the emails sent to their customers. This involves sending out emails to customers when a shipping event takes place. For example, if a parcel has crossed a new checkpoint, you can let your customers know by sending out an email notification. As soon as the store admin enables Rush Smart Email Notifications, they can customize emails based on triggers and events that come with different shipping statuses and sub-statuses.
Rush Growth Plan
This step-by-step guide is divided into different sections for a better understanding of the whole process. Each section comes with steps to follow. These sections are:
- Picking a trigger
- Right time to send the email
- Picking a template
Follow the steps given below to configure new email notifications:
- Select Apps from the navigation sidebar on the left.
- From the list of installed apps, select the Rush app.
- Select Notifications from the navigation sidebar on the left.
- Scroll down to the Growth section, locate Smart Email Notifications, and click on Configure.
- Click on Add email located on the right side of Notification Events.
Picking a trigger
After getting done with the configuration, the next step is to pick a trigger. This means selecting a shipping event for which the email will be sent.
- In the Email notification section, pick a trigger from the Pick trigger dropdown.
- After a trigger is selected, it suggests picking different shipment statuses or sub-statuses based on their nature.
- Based on the shipment status you select, there is also an option to choose a corresponding shipment sub-status.
The following animation shows selecting different statuses with their respective sub-statuses:
Keep in mind:
- Triggers like New checkpoint, New status, No updates, and Possible Delay allow picking a shipment status. When any one of these shipment statuses is selected, then only the event is triggered and the email is sent out.
- To learn more about triggers, refer to the article Notification Triggers.
- To learn more about different shipment statuses and sub-statuses, refer to the article Shipment Statuses and Sub-statuses Explained.
The right time to send the email
The whole point of Rush Smart Email Notifications is to send the emails out to customers when it’s the right time. Here you can choose the number of days, hours, or weeks to send an email notification according to the shipment event. You can also choose Immediately, which will send the email as soon as the event takes place.
To pick the right time to send an email, follow the steps:
- In the Send email field, select After from the dropdown.
- In the After field, write the time duration.
Here are a few examples of what you can write in the After field:
- 5d - 5 days
- 24h - 24 hours
- 72h - 74 hours or 3 days
- 5d 6h - 5 days and 6 hours
- 1w - 1 week
- It is advisable to postpone a product review status to a minimum of 5 days after the order gets delivered.
- Similarly, for statuses like Delivered or Out for delivery, the Immediate option should be selected.
Picking a template
Now that you are set, you can start with a template. For your ease, we created a couple of templates based on the most popular case you have.
- Click on Preview to see what the template looks like.
- Click on Pick to choose the required template.
You can change the template at any time by clicking on Reset to another template located in the upper right corner.
That’s all! Now you can customize the emails based on your needs and according to your style.
You can also use email shortcodes provided by Rush to further customize your emails. Refer to the article Smart Email Notification Shortcodes to learn more about this topic.
Rush provides the option to send emails if there are no updates for some time. The calculation is based on the difference between now and the time of the last checkpoint the shipment had. These events are processed once per day. This case is useful when your customer base wants frequent updates and you want to send them regular follow-ups, every time there is a big gap between carrier updates.
To configure this setting, follow the steps given below:
- In the Pick trigger field, select No updates from the dropdown.
- In the more than field, specify the duration that you think will be appropriate.
- In the Send email field at the bottom, select Immediate from the dropdown.
Case: Email showing a broken store logo
1. Click the Source Code button to fully access the shortcodes.
2. Enter the logo's URL uploaded in Shopify in this highlighted field below and click Save:
For more information, feel free to reach out to us.